Tuesday 4 January 2011

1st Birthday of Blog, Shed Building, Holiday Cottage Promotion

Happy Birthday Blog!
Well, I've kept it going for a whole year and I hope dear readers, that you have had as much pleasure from reading it as I have in writing it.

I have spent the morning preparing the cottage for new guests. The delightful couple who were here for New Year departed very promptly this morning when it was very gloomy and grey. Apparently the darkness this morning was due to partial eclipse of the sun that was taking place. It was so overcast & cloudy here that we did not see anything of it other than it being darker than usual at about 8 o'clock.

The Farmer & Elder Son are busy today putting roofing sheets on a large shed that they have built which will hold straw & machinery. We can never have enough sheds I am always being told, but we are now running out of suitable sites. This latest shed is actually a roof being put over what has been a silage clamp for the last 20 years or so.

With the start of a new year I have been spending a lot of time 'tweaking' my advertising for the holiday cottage & hopefully, making it appear so attractive that lots of lovely people will want to come & stay with us. January is the busiest time for internet browsing of holiday accommodation and one has to be ahead of the game as much as is possible. I am not a hard-headed business woman, I do rather just muddle through, but one gains a certain amount of 'savvy' after doing the thing for as long as we have and there is huge competition out there so I do my best to make sure my website & entries on other websites are up to date and looking good.
http://www.penyrallt.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment